This warm recipe of roasted pumpkin with coconut and walnuts is a tasty soup for a cool day. Enhanced with turmeric, this delicious and nutritious soup is the perfect example healthy eating without sacrificing taste.
1 medium pumpkin, cut in half
1/2 cup of onion, cut into small pieces
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 tablespoon of ginger, finely chopped
2 cups of coconut milk
3 tablespoons of lemon juice
1 teaspoon of cumin
2 teaspoons of turmeric
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons of coconut oil
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1/4 cup of walnuts Fresh maidenhair leaves
1) Preheat the oven at 350 degrees.
2) Add olive oil and salt to the pumpkin. (Note: It is important to cover the entire surface.
3) Bake the pumpkin at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
4) In a saucepan, over medium heat, add the coconut oil, onion, garlic, ginger, walnuts, cumin and turmeric.
5) Cook and stir continuously until the onions are translucent.
6) Add the coconut milk and roasted pumpkin without the skin.
7) Raise the temperature until it starts to boil.
8) Lower the heat and cook for 20 minutes.
9) Blend and serve with coriander leaves and walnut powder.