4 yellow onions, sliced into onion rings
2 cups of fresh, wild mushrooms, chopped
1/4 cup of butter
2 quarts of organic beef broth
2 bay leaves
1 tablespoon of fresh oregano
3 garlic cloves, finely minced
2 tablespoons of flour
2 sprigs of thyme
1 cup of red wine Salt and pepper to taste
1 pound of water toasts of fresh bread sliced
1/2 pound of Gruyère cheese (you can substitute for Mozzarella)
1) Brown the onions in the butter over medium heat.
2) Add the garlic, thyme, oregano, bay leaf and continue cooking until the onions are caramelized, for about 20 minutes.
3) Add the wine and cook for 5 minutes until the wine is completely reduced.
4) Add the flour and continue stirring until the flour is completely cooked, for approximately 5 minutes.
5) Add the broth, raise the temperature and cook for 10 minutes.
6) Add the chard. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
7) To serve the soup, put a slice of bread in a baking dish, add the soup and put cheese on the surface. Put in the oven at 400 degrees until the cheese is melted.