09 Feb Onions, Artichoke and Gouda Cheese Empanada
- 6 turnover pastry discs
- 1 small sliced yellow onion
- ½ cup cooked artichoke hearts
- 8 basil leaves fine chopped
- 1 cup gouda cheese
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsp Cooking with my Doctor Adobo
Cook onions in olive oil and vinegar until translucent. Add Cooking with my Doctor Adobo and continue cooking until caramelized. Set aside and let it cool. Blend in gouda cheese and chopped artichoke hearts. Make empanadas and make sure to sealed them (you may use egg wash or little water to ensure that they are properly sealed. Bake at 350 degrees for fifteen minutes or until golden brown.
Benefits of Onions:
- The phytochemicals in onions along with their vitamin C help improve immunity.
- Onions contain chromium, which assists in regulating blood sugar.
- For centuries, onions have been used to reduce inflammation and heal infections.
- Help reduce bad Cholesterol
- A powerful compound called quercetin in onions is known to play a significant role in treating virus and bacterial on our system.
- Onions scavenge free radicals, thereby reducing your risk of developing gastric ulcers.
- Those bright green tops of green onions are rich in Vitamin A, so do use them often.