Ingredients for the Sofrito
4 cloves of garlic
2 yellow onions, cut into small pieces
3 cubanela peppers, cut into small pieces
1 mallet of coriander
1 tablespoon of sweet paprika
1/4 cup of white wine
2 tablespoons of olive oil
2 tablespoons achiote paste
1) In a food processor, process all the ingredients, if you do not have a food processor you can use a blender.
Ingredients for the Paella
1.5 pounds of squid cut into thin strips
1.5 pounds of smoked pork tenderloin
1 cup of Sofrito
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
5 cups of organic chicken broth
4 cups of medium grain rice
2 teaspoons of cumin
4 bay leaves
Salt and pepper to taste
2 teaspoons of sweet paprika
1 mallet of cilantro, finely cut
3 tablespoons of olive oil
1) In a paella pan, sauté the Sofrito in olive oil over medium heat for 10 minutes.
2) Add the squid, pork, paprika and continue to stir fry for 5 minutes.
3) Add the rice and the rest of the ingredients.
4) Keep stirring continuously and turn up the temperature until it starts to boil.
5) Lower the heat, cover with aluminum foil and simmer for 30 minutes.