Cooking with my Doctor’s take on the traditional Spanish recipe for paella – filled with wholesome ingredients! This delicious recipe with smoked pork tenderloin, shellfish and cubanella peppers is fortified with turmeric and fresh cilantro from our Sofrito CWMD.
Ingredients for the Sofrito
1.5 pounds of squid cut into thin strips
1.5 pounds of smoked pork tenderloin
1 cup of Sofrito 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
5 cups of organic chicken broth
4 cups of medium grain rice
2 teaspoons of cumin 4 bay leaves
Salt and pepper to taste
2 teaspoons of sweet paprika
1 mallet of cilantro, finely cut
3 tablespoons of olive oil
1) In a paella pan, sauté the Sofrito in olive oil over medium heat for 10 minutes.
2) Add the squid, pork, paprika and continue to stir fry for 5 minutes.
3) Add the rice and the rest of the ingredients.
4) Keep stirring continuously and turn up the temperature until it starts to boil.
5) Lower the heat, cover with aluminum foil and simmer for 30 minutes.