Pana Mofongo 1 pana, peeled and cut into medium pieces
2 cloves of garlic
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup of pork rinds
1 teaspoon salt
Pickled Gandules (or pigeon peas)
1 cup of gandules, softened
1/8 cup of red onion, finely chopped
1/8 cup of green bell pepper, finely chopped
1/8 cup of sweet peppers, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
1 coriander leaf, finely chopped
1/8 cup of cilantro, finely chopped
1 bay leaf
1/4 cup of olive oil
1/8 cup white vinegar
Salt and pepper to taste
Process for Pana Mofongo
1) Cook the pana in boiling water until soft (for about 20 minutes)
2) Remove from the water and let sit for about 15 minutes.
3) In a hot pan, add olive oil and brown the pieces of pana individually.
4) Mash pork rinds, garlic, salt and add pana and olive oil.
5) Mash until everything is incorporated and add more salt if necessary.
6) Top with Pickled Gandules and enjoy!