Cooking with my Doctor’s take on the traditional Puertorrican recipe for “Arroz Mamposteao” – filled with healthy ingredients like quinoa with are a source of vegetable protein! This delicious recipe with white beans and smoked ham is fortified with turmeric and fresh cilantro from our Sofrito CWMD. Eating healthy doesn’t have to be bland!
1 cup quinoa
1 1/2 cup of water
salt to taste
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1/4 cup of onion, finely diced
1 cup of cooked white beans
1 cubanelle pepper
1/2 cup of cilantro, finely chopped
1/2 cup of smoked ham
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
2 tablespoons of Sofrito CWMD
1) Cook the quinoa in salted water to taste.
2) In a large skillet, add a tablespoon of olive oil and sauté the smoked ham. Next, add garlic, pepper and onion.
3) Stir and cook for 3 minutes.
4) Add the white beans and Sofrito CWMD. Cook for 2 minutes.
5) Add the cooked quinoa and mix until all ingredients are incorporated for 4 minutes.
6) Top with fresh cilantro and enjoy!