A refreshing plate for a warm day, this tasty rice salad with tomato and chorizo will take your taste buds on a trip to a European summer. Enhanced with turmeric from our Cooking with my Doctor garlic paste, this easy-to-make meal is the perfect example healthy eating without sacrificing taste.
32 oz of San Marzano tomatoes
2 pounds of fresh chorizo without the casing
1/2 cup of sherry
3 cups of vegetable broth
3 cups of jasmine rice
2 tablespoons of Garlic Paste CWMD
1 cup of red onion, diced into small pieces
1/2 cup of parsley stems, finely chopped
3 tablespoons of Sazón CWMD
1/4 pound of butter
1/4 cup of olive oil
Red onion ceviche with parsley leaves (onion, finely cut, 3 lemons in juice, 2 tablespoons olive oil)
- In a large pot, sauté the tomato in olive oil for about 20 minutes until it forms a paste.
- Add the sherry and cook until almost evaporated.
- Add the onion, garlic paste, parsley and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the chorizo, butter, sazón and continue to cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the rice, beer and broth, raise the temperature until it starts to boil. Lower the heat to low, cover and cook for about 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately with the red onion ceviche.