1 pound of “cartucho” fillet, cut into small pieces (can substitute for any fresh white fish such as Mahi Mahi, swordfish or any type of snapper)
1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
1 hot pepper, finely chopped (you can add more or remove depending on your taste and tolerance to spicy foods)
5 sweet pepper, thinly sliced
1 teaspoon of ginger, finely sliced
1/2 bunch of coriander
1/4 cup of pineapple, cut into small pieces
1/4 cup of lemon juice
1/4 cup of coconut milk
3 tablespoons of toasted and grated coconut (optional)
Salt and pepper to taste
1) Marinate fish in lemon, coconut milk, hot pepper, sweet pepper, onion and ginger for 10 minutes.
2) Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
3) Accompany it with some avocado slices and some plaintain chips.
– Choose fresh fish (caught in the last 24 hours)
– Make sure the fish has a sea smell, bright eyes and radiant skin.
– Keep fish and ingredients used for the marinade in the refrigerator.