Ideal for those who follow a plant-based diet or simply, for those that want to reduce their meat intake! Full of wholesome ingredients like squash, avocado, black beans, mushrooms, red peppers and potatoes, this delicious recipe is so good and nutritious that it won’t even make you miss a real hamburger.
1/2 cup of corn
1/2 cup of black beans
1/2 cup of mushrooms, finely chopped
1 squash, boiled and cut into small pieces
1/2 red bell pepper, cut into small pieces
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 small yellow onion, finely diced
1 medium potato, boiled and mashed
1 carrot, peeled, boiled and mashed
2 chives, finely chopped
1/4 cup of cilantro, finely chopped
1/4 cup of plain yogurt
1 egg white
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 teaspoon of cumin
1 teaspoon of dried orgeno
1 teaspoon of paprika
1/2 cup of panko (ground bread) Salt and pepper to taste
- In a skillet, over medium heat, add olive oil and sauté the onions and garlic until lightly brown.
- Add corn, red pepper, squash, black beans and continue to stir fry for about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients and add the vegetables.
- Shape the patties and chill in the freezer for about 30 minutes before cooking.
- To finish the burgers, add olive oil to a very hot pan and brown the burgers on both sides.
- Serve on your favorite bread with an avocado slice, your favorite cheese and a simple and easy sauce made of yogurt, cilantro, lemon, mashed avocado, paprika, salt and pepper.